Tuesday, August 3, 2010

President Shirley of Navajo Nation Endorsement

Today, as the people of the Navajo Nation vote in a primary election, I am pleased to announce that Navajo Nation President Joe Shirley, Jr. has endorsed my candidacy for Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction.

I am honored to have the support of such a great and nationally-respected leader. President Shirley was inaugurated as President of the Navajo Nation in January 2003. On November 7, 2006, he became the first Navajo president re-elected in 28 years. He is in his 42nd year of public service. Throughout his administration, Dr. Shirley has tirelessly championed the need for the Navajo Nation to regain the autonomy it once knew as a “proud, fierce and independent” people through education, employment, financial strength and accountability, and the preservation of the Navajo language, culture and way of life. To learn more about President Shirley please click here.

I look forward to working with President Shirley and all of the leaders and people of the Navajo Nation to ensure all children in Arizona, including our Navajo children, have the educational opportunities they deserve. Together, in accordance with DinĂ© Education Philospohy, we will ensure “our children [are able to] go forth in life endowed with what is required to achieve their ultimate aspirations.”

Once again, I thank President Shirley for his support and confidence in my ability to move all of Arizona’s children forward. I ask for your support and your vote in the August 24th Democratic primary election. To learn more about my campaign, please my website here.


You can also follow me on Facebook, and Twitter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment