Thursday, August 19, 2010

Clean Elections Commission rejects status quo politics, unanimously clears Jason Williams


Phoenix, Ariz. - August 19, 2010 - Jason Williams, one of the leading candidates for Superintendent of Public Instruction, released the following statement today following the unanimous decision by the Citizen's Clean Elections Commission to take no action against Williams and reject the politically-motivated allegations made by his primary election opponent and her supporter:

"I'd like to thank the Commission for the time they put into reviewing the complaint and ultimately for the decision that they reached. As I would often tell my students, just because someone calls you a name, it doesn't mean it's true. As we've seen, the allegations made by my primary opponent and her supporter were completely based on nothing but innuendo and speculation.

"I am proud to be the only Democrat in this race to be running as a Clean candidate. As we know, Clean Elections is the most transparent system of elections.

"It's unfortunate that my primary opponent chose to engage in this type of status quo politics at this time. This election is far too important for our children and our state. This is precisely the type of status quo politics that I and the majority of Arizona voters are anxious to abandon. Going into the final days of the primary election, I would hope this would be the last example of this type of politically-motivated tactic by my primary opponent so we can focus on doing what's right for our kids.

"I'm proud that my campaign has consistently been a positive campaign focused on ideas and real solutions to the challenges facing public education in Arizona. This is what we need to be talking about. This is what I will address when I am state Superintendent."

For more information about Jason Williams, visit www.WilliamsForArizona.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment