Monday, May 24, 2010

We're on the ballot!

I am pleased to announce that I have now officially qualified to be on the ballot as a Democratic candidate for Superintendent of Public Instruction after submitting my nomination petition signatures with the Secretary of State on Friday.

With the support of our statewide grassroots network, we collected more than enough signatures to qualify without having to pay a single dime to any outside consultants or firms. It was the work of teachers, students, retirees, activists and advocates for education that made it possible for us to reach our signature goal, and it is that same grassroots movement that will carry us to victory.

Over the months ahead, we will work to change the direction our state's leaders have been taking us. We need to elect leaders who are true advocates for our children and their right to an excellent public education. I believe education must be our state's top priority. As Superintendent of Public Instruction, I will work to make education our number one focus once again.

Thank you for helping me qualify for the ballot! Now I need your help to get our message out to the voters. If you haven't already given a $5 Clean Elections Qualifying Contribution, please do so today and ask your friends to send a contribution too! Visit my website at www.WilliamsForArizona.com/donate to download the form.

1 comment:

  1. This is a man that I want to lead our state's education system. Good luck to you Jason, you have my vote for sure!

    ReplyDelete