Friday, June 25, 2010

Nominate a student leader!

Putting Kids First. As I have campaigned across the state, this theme has been central to everything that I have done. This election is about re-focusing our attention to our students, making them the priority, and working to ensure every child has access to an excellent public education. 

I have often said that this election is about ensuring our students have a voice when it comes to the future of education. This will be true when I am elected Superintendent of Public Instruction, and I am committed to ensuring students have a voice in my campaign before the election.

Jesus Cera, Youth Coordinator my campaign, is organizing the Williams For Arizona Student Leadership Council. This statewide youth advisory group will be comprised of high school and college students seeking to gain valuable campaign experience and bring a youth perspective to the campaign.

We are looking for outstanding students who are interested in becoming civically engaged, building leadership skills and ensuring the youth voice is heard. If you know of an outstanding student who might be interested in joining the Williams For Arizona Student Leadership Council, we encourage you to submit your nomination to Jesus Cera at jesus@WilliamsForArizona.com by July 6, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment